Saturday, February 13, 2010

Good morning Lemmings

I have astronomically new experiences everyday.
I've always considered myself a good sales man. I can sell Cd's as well as the next guy.
You talk to people for hours and they grudgingly part with $10 for a Cd.

I'm hiring in my store and a guy from the Kiosk in the mall walkway tells me I should hire the kid from the icecream store next door.
"He's an awesome saleman"
Me: "Why?"
"He sold the biggest size icecream when I didn't even want it."
Me: "Oh ya, how did he do that?"
"He asked me "Want the biggest size."

Finding out what people want is 5/6ths of marketing and is what most tools are missing.
People want whatever they're told they need to want.
It's not for nothing we put our hand on our chest and proclaim "We, the sheeple".

No comments: