Thursday, August 14, 2008

Calm like a bomb

Yes I spit fire
Hope lies in the smoldering rubble of empires
Yes back through the shanties and the cities remains
Same bodies buried hungry,
With different last names,
The vultures robbing everyone
Leave nothing but chains
Pick a point here at home
Yes the pictures the same
Theres a field full of slaves
Some corn and some debt
Theres a ditch full of bodies
The check for the rent
Theres a tap, the phone, the silence of stone
The numb black screen
That be feeling like home

And the riot be the rhyme of the unheard.

Harold Lee: After all the s**t we've been through, I don't... I don't know if we can trust our government anymore.
George W. Bush: Trust the government? Heck, I'm in the government and I don't even trust it. You don't have to believe in your government to be a good American.
Harold Lee: Why does everything has to be a huge argument with you, man?
Kumar Patel: Because this is America, dude, and as long as I have my freedom of speech no one's going to shut me up.

No comments: